2-014 TABS workshop notes on this subject below. Your thoughts, reactions, ideas?
• How much theory (not too much)? How much demo time?
• Allow mistakes
• Change locations
• Plenty of practice
• Make practice realistic
• If large group of trainees-split into smaller groups
• Chose best order for the trainees to perform outcomes
• Using the Bikeability booklets as part of the theory
• (discussion re) pros and cons over training over 4 or 5 consecutive days against over two full days
• Too much feedback can be off putting esp when trainee is still cycling
• “ Clever people learn by mistakes, the very clever people learn by others..”
• “ A good session is one where no one notices there is theory
Don't worry about formatting, just type in the text and we'll take care of making sense of it. We will auto-convert links, and if you put asterisks around words we will make them bold.
For a full reference visit the Markdown syntax.
© TABS, powered by microcosm.
Report a problem
The Association of Bikeability Schemes.