Below are some notes from the discussion in the Buzz Group session at the 2014 conference - thoughts/comments?
• Transition level 3 courses. In the summer holiday before Year 7. Transition to Secondary School. Outspoken trained 120 children in one school
• Try to put the course into P.E curriculum time. Schools need to be targeted now for the next academic year.
• There are some issues around extra curriculum time, difficult to ensure take up
• Level 3 sometimes can be perceived as not fun. Children often just see it as an extension of lessons. The key is to make it fun, maybe change the course title.
o Bike Club
o Skills Training.
• General experience of holiday courses is the low numbers turning up to the course. Organisations may need to make the participants pay beforehand to ensure they turn up.
o Parent mail, this is a mail from the school to all parents
• Secondary schools are tricky as no one takes responsibility. Try:
o PE teachers, failing that head of year
o The police officer in charge of the schools
o The inset or extra curriculum day.
Don't worry about formatting, just type in the text and we'll take care of making sense of it. We will auto-convert links, and if you put asterisks around words we will make them bold.
For a full reference visit the Markdown syntax.
© TABS, powered by microcosm.
Report a problem
The Association of Bikeability Schemes.