Below are some thoughts arising from the 2014 conference workshop on this topic.
• The outcome was that it would be useful for TABS to produce a document outlining the insurance requirements for Bikeability Schemes and individual instructors and what insurance/types of insurance is available.
• The hierarchy of responsibility of claims would be useful in a flow diagram.
• Currently all schemes are supposed to report all their incidents/accidents to SDG on a yearly basis – there was uncertainty whether this happens and what is done with the information.
• Felt it would be useful to categorise incidents/accidents and report to TABS members that cycle training is a safe activity.
• A Template for an accident/ incident reporting form would be useful for schemes
• Guidance on what is a reportable matter and to whom?
• Suggestion that a workstream is set up to pursue these actions
Don't worry about formatting, just type in the text and we'll take care of making sense of it. We will auto-convert links, and if you put asterisks around words we will make them bold.
For a full reference visit the Markdown syntax.
© TABS, powered by microcosm.
Report a problem
The Association of Bikeability Schemes.